MEDIA RELEASE: Storyology 2016 Program Announced
03-Jun-2016 11:40 AM
The Walkley Foundation has released its preview lineup for its annual media and creativity festival Storyology. From August 10-13 international and local journalists will converge in Sydney to explore everything from open data, to podcasting, leadership and diversity, to revenue streams. There’ll be no sugar-coating or waffling — just real talk on the challenges facing today’s media makers.
- Heidi Blake, (investigations editor, BuzzFeed News UK) co-author of The Tennis Racket and FIFA Files.
- Gerard Ryle, director, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Lina Attalah, founder and managing editor of the Egypt startup Mada Masr that’s keeping press freedom alive
- David Clinch, global news editor at Storyful (US), one of the world’s most innovative media companies
This year's Storyology features two live podcast recordings:
- Politics Pod Double Date: The Party Room meets Two Grumpy Hacks in a political podcasting double date for the ages with Dennis Atkins, Malcolm Farr, Patricia Karvelas and Fran Kelly.
- News meets comedy: The Fourth Estate explores the pros and cons of delivering current affairs as funny business with Fiona Katauskas, cartoonist, Jeannette Francis, The Feed, SBS, and James Colley, satirist, The Weekly, ABC.
Storyology Festival (August 10, 11 & 12) early bird rates start from $480, and intensive and intimate training sessions (August 10 & 13) are available as part of a Storyology Plus pass, with limited places on offer.
Presented by The Walkley Foundation, Storyology 2016 is ready to innovate, create and inspire.
Scholarships are also available for journalists thanks to the generous support of The Copyright Agency Cultural Fund.
To find out more, visit www.walkleys.com/storyology or contact us at email@example.com