The 2016 Walkley Book Award shortlisted finalists announced today in Sydney include, in alphabetical order:
- Sarah Ferguson and Patricia Drum, The Killing Season, Melbourne University Press
- Stan Grant, Talking To My Country, HarperCollins Publishers
- Sebastian Smee, The Art of Rivalry, Text Publishing
The judging panel for the 2016 book awards:
- Michael Bodey, media journalist and film editor
- Edna Carew Hoffman, journalist and author
- Kirstie Clements, journalist and author
- Fiona Harari, journalist and author
- Madonna King, journalist and author
- Chris Masters, journalist and author
- Kate McClymont, investigative reporter, Fairfax Media (Chair, Walkley Advisory Board)
- Colleen Ryan, journalist and author ( Chair, Walkley Book Award)
- Peter Van Onselen, contributing editor, The Australian
- Mark Willacy, senior reporter, ABC National Reporting Team
The winner of the 2016 Walkley Book Award will be announced at the 61st Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism on Friday, Dec. 2, at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, thanks to the support of Tourism and Events Queensland. The ceremony will be broadcast live on SKY A-PAC and streamed on the Walkley website.
A full list of Walkley Awards finalists, including the 2016 Book Award longlist, is available at walkleys.com
For media enquiries, please email Kate Golden or call her at 02 9333 0951.
Subscribe to the weekly Walkley Foundation newsletter for the latest updates.
BDO is proud to be auditing the 61st Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism. BDO is one of the largest professional services firms in Australia offering full-spectrum audit, tax and advisory services.