ICED BEVERAGES FACT SHEET
13-Feb-2017 2:30 PM
- Iced Beverages have outperformed total commercial industry and beverage performance year on year since CREST® tracking began in 2009.
- Its average growth rate reaching double digits from 2010 to 2016 with a CAGR of 13%.
- This has resulted in the average purchase consumption for iced beverages doubling from 2010 to 2016.
- Nearly One in Two* Australians purchase a cold drink from a commercial outlet on a daily basis (Incidence 43%).
- The main consumer for Iced Beverage is Under 35’s making up 66% of all iced beverage purchases.
- Iced Beverages are most appealing to children and teens with under 18’s accounting for 1/4 iced beverage occasions.
- Iced beverages are typically purchased with other items across all meal occasions.
- Iced Beverages make a great accompaniment to food in particular, with three in four iced beverages purchased with food.
- Key focus areas for growth are evident around all snacking occasions and lunch.
- Iced Beverages are traffic drivers in their own right for many operators with iced beverage consumers selecting special taste/craving or wanted to try something new as the reason they chose that outlet.
- With commercial visits being driven by consumers looking to treat themselves and wanting to try something new; Iced Beverages is an ideal menu item to deliver on healthy indulgence and new experience motivations.
Source: NPD CREST ® Year End December 2016