TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation announced today that mass production has commenced for TZ1201XBG, the latest addition to its line-up of ApP LiteTM application processors for IoT devices, including wearables.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170706005437/en/
The compact TZ1201XBG graphics processor is based on a high-performance 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor capable of operating at 96MHz (up to 120MHz with overdriving). Combining the ARM core with on-chip power management gives the TZ1201XBG a low power consumption of 70µA/MHz in active mode. With a 350mAh battery and an always-on display this enables around one month between charges in second watch applications - and two months for minute watches.
With 2.2MB of embedded high-speed SRAM, an advanced LCD controller and 2D graphics accelerators, the TZ1201XBG provides a powerful platform for alpha-blending, drawing, rotating, texturing and resizing images, and for on-the-fly color conversion. The fully-featured processor offers integrated support for either an HVGA (480x320) display at 30fps or a QVGA display (320x240) at up to 60fps.
The high-precision analogue front-end (AFE) combines a 24-bit delta-sigma ADC, 12-bit ADC, 12-bit DAC and an LED DAC thereby supporting direct sensing. These, in combination with software filtering, secure significant space and power savings.
120 free GPIOs and integrated USB, UART, SPI, and I2C interfaces support the use of external sensors and peripherals to monitor activity and movement, expanding the landscape of customer applications.
The integrated audio interfaces for voice command and voice trigger processing, and the 2D graphics accelerators, will allow Toshiba’s customers to deliver a higher level user experience.
- Low power design
- Active current consumption of 70 µA/MHz
- High performance 2D graphics accelerator enabling smooth functioning of the graphical user interface (GUI).
- High-precision AFE
- Up to 4-channel voltage/current/impedance multi-sensing
- 3 configurable amplifier mode with little additional external components, instrumentation amplifier/trans impedance amplifier/programmable gain amplifier (PGA)
- Up to 22-bit effective number of bits (ENoB) dedicated about 10 µV
- Support various I/Os such as I2C, UART, SPI to use external sensors and peripheral devices to monitor the duration and level of physical activity to promote exercise and healthy lifestyles.
IoT devices, including wearables
|Maximum Frequency||up to 120MHz|
|LCD Controller||MIPI® DBI Type B, Type C, DSI|
HVGA (480x320) @ 30fps
|AES||128/192/256-bit key lengths|
|True random generator||1 unit|
|Compression & decompression||1 unit|
|Quad SPI for Flash memory||Supported|
|Instrumentation amplifier-Gain||×1 to ×4|
|PGA-Gain||×1 to ×32|
|USB||USB 2.0 Device 12 Mbps, 1 port 4 bidirectional endpoints|
|8.0 ×8.0 ×0.6|
* ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere.
* MIPI is a registered trademark of MIPI Alliance, Inc.
* All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information about this product’s 2D/3D animation capabilities, please visit:
For further information about this product, please visit:
Logic LSI Sales & Marketing Group
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Chiaki Nagasawa, +81-3-3457-4963
Digital Marketing Department